Happy Friday to all my favorite blog readers!
It was a dark and stormy night. And afternoon. And morning. Seriously Baltimore weather decided to wake up up on the wrong side of the bed Wednesday morning, and by the time I was about to head home from work, I knew that it was soup night.
- 1 15oz can of whole kernel corn
- 1 15oz can of kidney beans (drained)
- 2 15 oz cans of diced tomatoes (you may want one of them to include chiles or onions)
- 1/2 jar of salsa
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1 package of taco seasoning (I use Old El Paso)
- 1 fully-cooked rotisserie chicken (if you’re a tired gal, then you do NOT want to take the time to cook a chicken first, plus you can use the extra chicken for another meal)
- Dump the cans of corn, tomatoes and beans (remember to drain the beans) into a large pot (I used my Ninja Slow Cooker on the stovetop setting).
- Add the salsa and mix to combine all ingredients.
- Tear of small strips of chicken and add them into the pot. I don’t put a TON of chicken in mine, only because I’m watching my Weight Watchers points, but if you’re a chicken lover, then use as much of your rotisserie chicken as you’d like!
- Sprinkle the entire package of taco seasoning into the pot and mix everything together.
- Cover the pot and turn the stove up to HIGH for 15-20 minutes. When the soup is definitely hot and bubbling, turn it down to low for another 10 minutes.
- Chop up the jalapeños and stir to really mix them in. Let the soup sit for another couple of minutes.
- Finally, grab a bowl and eat eat eat!
Remember that show My Super Sweet Sixteen? You know the one–the kids would have incredibly extravagant parties and then would feel like the rest of their lives are a letdown? (just kidding)
I was relating this to my weight-loss. Yes, I lost the “sweet 16” pounds–would the next pound feel like a letdown?
I’m so excited to link up with Macy, Meg and Veronica for this chance to show off how autumn has hit my small town!
This weekend, I attended the baby shower of one of my longtime friends.
Happy Friday to all my faves out there in Blogland!
Happy Apple Day!!!
In a post earlier this month, Mar from T.O. and Fro let her readers know that October 20th is Apple Day! As someone who enjoys this delicious fruit, I thought that I would share some apple recipes that I found around the interwebs. Thank you to Yummly for leading me to most of these recipes!
So last night, I went to dinner with two of Boyfriend’s cousins to talk wedding stuff (not mine lol–they’re both getting married in the near future). I order as according to the points allotted for the rest of my day and was able to share some chips and salsa with the girls (yummers) and ordered chicken tortilla soup for myself (double yummers). When I ordered, the waitress looked at me and skeptically raised her eyebrows. “Just the soup?” she asked. “The bowl is pretty small…” I assured her that it was fine, and she shrugged and moved onto the girl sitting next to me who ordered my formerly favorite item at the restaurant: macaroni and cheese topped with chicken tenders. I started salivating at the thought and briefly considered changing my order. I mean, is it really worth it? Seriously, how much could I possibly lose this week?
The answer is…3 pounds! Meaning that I have hit the Sweet 16 (a.k.a. 16 pounds lost!)!!!!!!
I’m so so so happy! Much of it might be due to getting back into running, but I’ve also really tried to stay within my points for the week, which becomes much more difficult as Halloween approaches. Example: there were s’mores cupcakes shaped like ghosts at a party I went to over the weekend. How can I NOT eat that?! (Full disclosure: I split it with a friend teehee).
Healthy Recipes This Week
Ummmm, none. I did make chili last week, but it was many more points than I would usually put towards a meal. I also attempted to make a chicken recipe, but alas, the chicken was still frozen when I went to cook it. And lastly, the healthy pumpkin bars that I was going to make went by the wayside when the dang can of pumpkin WOULD NOT OPEN!!!!!
I want to be a great runner. I reeeeeeeeallllllyyyyyy do. But alas, I am not. Not yet at least.
My first issue is speed…
Happy Friday to all you Fall-lovin’ folks!!!